Stud Welding is a process that enables the joining of two pieces of metal together by melting them with an electric current. The welding process requires the right amount of heat as well as pressure on the material to be welded. Electric is a type of injury caused by electric current passing through the body and can be caused by welding and other electrical equipment. The welding arc is the most common cause of electric shock. It is crucial to stay protected from the live parts of the electric circuits.
From welding-related accidents to equipment malfunction, it is important to be aware of the risks involved. Many safety precautions should be taken during this process to avoid accidents. There are several rules and regulations that need to be followed in order for the process to run smoothly, hence, safety measures should be taken into account every step of the way. Let’s check out the various accident prevention and safety
Safety and Accident Prevention During Stud Welding
- Frequent Equipment Checks: The welder is responsible for checking the equipment (cable, electrode holder and coupling devices)daily for any damage. A piece of equipment that has been damaged should not be used until it has been repaired or replaced.
- Properly Installed and Grounded: In order for the stud welding machine to produce safe electrical current, the machine must have a ground connection to the earth ground.
- Never touch live wire without safety gears: Stud welders and other teammates in the welding area should never touch live electrical parts, or weld in wet areas, or wear protective equipment while welding.
- Avoid Cable Damage: Stud welding frequently uses long cable lengths, particularly on construction sites, where the cables are subject to abuse by trucks or foot traffic. Long cables can be easily stretched or broken when connections are made at height. It should be ensured that these conditions do not result in cable damage.
- Precautions against weld spatter: In stud welding, arc flash and weld spatter are minimal. However, stud welders must take precautions as they do occur.
- Fire Precautions: It is crucial to ensure that all the volatile or combustible materials are out of the reach of the welding area to avoid unwanted accidents due to sparks or spatter. Take extra precautions for Gas cylinders. Make sure they do not come in contact with any electric wires in the welding circuit. Industries that use Stud welding or any other type of welding should have fire suppression equipment available in or adjacent to the area of welding for immediate emergency use.
- Proper Ventilation: When the welding process takes place at a large level, it is important to have arrangements for proper ventilation as the fumes from welding and other cleanings materials such as solvents, epoxies, coatings, paintings can be dangerous for welders who are exposed to all these for long hours every day. Manufacturing units can make ventilation provisions either forced or natural. It highly depends on the work conditions.
- Follow Welding Machine Manual: Every welding machine by Artech and other companies comes with manuals to guide for usage, maintenance, servicing and safety measures. Read and follow the stud welding machine manual thoroughly. It is highly advisable to disconnect and lock out all-electric supplies before you start troubleshooting and maintenance work.
Safety First With Artech Stud Welding Machines!
Artech is a trusted partner to hundreds of industries using Stud Welding Technology. We are one of the leading companies in India to develop the Stud Welding Machines. We have proven capabilities to serve small and big companies from a wide range of industries. Being one of the earliest welding machine manufacturers in India, we have evolved our safety and maintenance practices with time and experience. You can trust us for the safest quality welding machines and maintenance services by our experts. Get in touch today for safe and customized stud welding machines!
Shift to better welding with Artech Welders!